Do you ever have the feeling that success is eluding you? That it is just beyond your reach? All the time? Success is only as close as you allow it to be. Surprisingly, it is a thing that you have complete control over and can easily bring into your life. So, if it really that easy, you’re thinking, then why don’t you have more of it? Let’s stop and really examine this for a moment.
Where do you start?
You begin your analysis by looking within. Make the time to reflect honestly on your life. Look at your behaviors, habits and attitudes. Is it possible that if you did some things or thought a little differently, you might be able to to achieve some different results? There is a strong probability that there are a few positive tweaks you can make that will help you in your quest to achieve success. Your tweaking may include banishing some, or all, of the following success-hindering habits that are surprisingly common, yet insanely integral, in preventing you from being successful.
Begin by assessing yourself. Give some serious thought to whether you may be guilty of any of the following habits.
1. Self-doubt. Far and away, the lack of self-confidence is the most damaging habit when it comes to your bid for success. The worst thing you can do is doubt your own worthiness to achieve a successful outcome. This particular mindset makes achieving almost anything very challenging. So instead of doubting yourself, try affirming that you can do “it” !
– Believe that you are capable of doing anything that you truly set your mind to doing.
– Know that you are worth every ounce of positive outcome.
– Stop closing the doors of opportunity because you don’t feel that you will do well at whatever “it” is.
2. Procrastination. Putting off getting your tasks done will mostly result in a less than favorable result. When opportunity knocks, get up and answer the freaking door! Instead of waiting until later, try doing these things instead:
– Prioritize your tasks.
– Aim to complete tasks within the time-frame that you have allotted for them.
– Seize every opportunity you get to complete a task.
3. Disorganization. Setting daily goals for yourself is probably something you already do. So, you are beginning to wonder why it is that you haven’t been able to meet those goals. A gigantic hindrance is disorganization. Sometimes goals seem so close and so attainable, but because you have no real and actionable plan in place to attain them, you wind up missing out.
4. Lost focus. Losing your focus about what you really want to achieve is a sure-fire way to end up under-accomplished and under-achieving. Success doesn’t just show up because you want it. Your mission has to be to maintain your focus on your goals so they don’t slip away from you unnoticed. Take a specific action every day, even if it’s tiny, to move yourself forward toward your goal.
– Get serious about the success you want to achieve. Make it one of your top priorities.
– The commitment you have to building successful relationships is the same commitment you must have toward achieving your important goals.
So now that you have taken a good look within at what may be hindering your ability to succeed, isn’t it about time to make some very real changes in your life? Isn’t it time to change how you approach your targets?
There is nothing that can get in the way of you being a success story! You need to adopt an attitude for success, and put some solid action behind it. Start today by throwing away any negative habits that are hindering your journey to success.
For more information, see www.MartinaMcGowan.com